Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Puppy's first letter

7:51 AM
9/11/2006
Dear Baby Vaijayanti,

I know, you are thinking that dogs (and by that logic, puppies too) cannot write, but since this is fiction and readers are encouraged to suspend their disbelief, I will encourage you to do the same. I know the previous sentence was long and had too many commas, but hey! Give me a break - I am, after all, a puppy!

I appreciate all the nice things you give me especially the mutter paneer you sneak under the table when your parents are not looking. I love it. I don't think a puppy can ask for a better companion. I think it helps that we share the same intellectual level. Alas, this will not be for long, for evolution has dealt me (and my species) a crippling blow. But no worries! We shall enjoy each others company for as long as we can, even if it becomes a Super-genius / Autistic person kind of relationship.

Thanks for everything,

Puppy Manohar
Canine Superstar

1 comment:

Ketan said...

I can't believe, I'm finding this post touching! But truly, am :)